Wednesday, July 27, 2016

MentalRay Rendering


Using the user_ibl_env shader node to my advantage for lighting the environment. For the final film I don't want my hdr to give reflections but instead just light up the scene with its colours. Just testing it with reflections now.

For the shaders I am using both the mila and mia shaders to my advantage. Only thing is that I don't know if the mila shaders will work in all the render passes. I came across some information online claiming the mila shaders currently don't work in all the render passses. Maybe it was a mistake using them but I needed something quick. Reason I used some of the MIA shaders was because I'm just an old dinasour and cbs learning and testing new shaders. Easier and faster to use what I already know...

I'm enjoying it but I can see some thing in my modelling that throws of little details here and there. Oh well at least its all mediocre and its easy to understand the concept of the real life vehicle.

4 more cars left to place shaders on. I won't texture them cause it'll cost too much time and I really need to start render farming really soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment