Sunday, November 10, 2013

First time using mudbox

I have previously finished making a tree troll following Craig Barr's training DVD. It was my first time using mudbox and his training DVD was a good way for me to get myself comfortable with the overall interface with mudbox. Here are a couple of renders of my finished result :)




Some things I loved most about mud box was that I didn't have to go up so many subdivision levels to get a good detailed result. Instead I found I could paint in bump mapping to add in more of a texture and detailed cracks. I also really loved sculpting in and out the vines doing nice long smooth strokes without the fear of making a mistake. In fact throughout the whole progress I wasn't scared of making a mistake cause if anything it was just like scribbling all over a page doing different kinds of strokes on the model to achieve correct visualization of rock, tree and vines. Overall I really enjoyed the software and I personally see myself doing allot more of my own personal projects with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment