Wednesday, November 13, 2013

too much unnecessary data, power usage and time.

 Yesterday I was at a master class lecture in ACMI lead by the lead animator of RWBY 'Monty.' He showed us the tricks on how he animated his series using pose libraries, cell shading and all. What appealed to me most was that his scene's where very simple and allowed for a faster workflow. It was also on the same day I tried rendering a short image sequence of my aventador. I was using 10 computers and I only juiced out 10 frames with those machines within only 2 hours. The problem was that my vehicle was too high poly. Infact it was a 400k poly model Including the rendering settings I also set for it. Watching someone else model the same vehicle I saw him use less polys then me and I probably should've used bump mapping for the tire treads instead of using poly's XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKp3IN0dyIQ

Here are a couple of other renders I did for my vehicle. So the next time I model a vehicle I am going to definitely try and use less poly's and use textures if I have to. I guess I also learnt this from the tree troll too. To add in more definition I just used bump mapping. Maybe I just gotta learn to limit myself, let go and just move onto the next stage. Maybe it'll help me to save time in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment